iOS Mobile App Engineers
We’re looking for iOS App software engineers to work with us in our Manly offices, building web applications and mobile clients that access them. You’ll be involved in all aspects of product lifecycle from conception to delivery. For the right people there will be the opportunity to get engaged in customer facing roles with the possibility of travel both locally and internationally.
What we want
First and foremost you have an engineering mentality. You don’t just know how to hack code, you know how to design great apps. When we ask you about design patterns, big O notation and idempotent services you’ll come straight back at us with great answers rather than glazing over.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Objective-C code and probably SWIFT at some point
- Craft beautiful, slick user experiences on iPhone making appropriate use of the screen real estate
- Integrate with RESTful APIs
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Contribute to product feature planning sessions
- Contribute to process optimisation
Experience with native iOS development in Objective-C, along with other common libraries such as AFNetworking
- Great understanding of Objective-C and Cocoa Touch.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking and RESTful services
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience with developing mobile apps which need reliable communications to servers.
- Proficient with Git and JIRA
- Some experience with OAuth and cryptography as it applies to SSL, HMACs and secure storage of data
Just as important to us as your technical skills, we also want :
- Curiosity: we love nerdy stuff and the people who care enough to build it. Tell us all about your side projects, your automated arduino based cat-feeder, or your home made drone.
- Fantastic communicators: of course we want great written and spoken english but beyond that we expect you to ask questions, challenge the status quo and engage in robust dialogue.
- Great creativity: we’re looking for that great blend between artist and engineer, scientist and poet.
- Awesome energy – we want fun, enthusiastic types that want to join the mobile, cloud, social media revolution
What we offer
- A great, friendly team environment
- A cool office in Manly seconds from the beach
- A startup atmosphere where everything is possible
- A place where your work *will* make a difference.
- A $60K-$90K package depending on experience and skill
- Flexible working hours