We’re looking for awesome RoR software engineers to work with us in our Sydney offices, building web applications and mobile client services. You’ll be involved in all aspects of product lifecycle from conception to delivery. For the right people there will be the opportunity to get engaged in customer facing roles with the possibility of travel both locally and internationally.
What we want
First and foremost you have an engineering mentality. You don’t just know how to hack code, you know how to design great apps. When we ask you about design patterns, big O notation and idempotent services you’ll come straight back at us with great answers rather than glazing over.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Development of RESTful APIs
- Development of user-facing elements with server side logic (NOT UI design or creative, simple portals)
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Contribute to product feature planning sessions
- Contribute to process optimisation
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries for testing (RSpec, Capybara, Factory Girl, Cucumber, etc.), authentication (Devise, Authlogic), authorisation (CanCan, Declarative Authorization), etc.
- Great understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances and the ability to write clean, readable Ruby code
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience writing automated tests, i.e. unit tests, integration tests, UI tests, etc.
- Familiarity with software design concepts such as MVC, Mocking, ORM, and REST
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient with Git and JIRA
- Familiarity with development tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Some experience with cryptography as it applies to SSL, HMACs and secure storage.
Just as important to us as your technical skills, we also want :
- Curiosity: we love nerdy stuff and the people who care enough to build it. Tell us all about your side projects, your automated arduino based cat-feeder, or your home made drone.
- Fantastic communicators: of course we want great written and spoken English but beyond that we expect you to ask questions, challenge the status quo and engage in robust dialogue.
- Great creativity: we’re looking for that great blend between artist and engineer, scientist and poet.
- Awesome energy – we want fun, enthusiastic types that want to join the mobile, cloud, social media revolution
What we offer
- A great, friendly team environment
- A startup atmosphere where everything is possible
- A place where your work *will* make a difference.
- A $70K-$90K package depending on experience and skill
- Flexible working hours